Kami Dynasty League (Legend of the Five Rings)
Join us on Tuesdays for the Kami Dynasty League, the third in a series of four-week leagues. Each league features weekly themes and challenges, as well as a constant flow of promo cards and prize content.
*League Entry is $10, and grants players 300 MVP points, enough to play in the remainder of the league sessions.
Kami League Meetings: July 24, July 31, August 7, August 14
This league will lead into the Stronghold Showdown Tournament on Saturday, August 18.
—Play in all three Dynasty Leagues for FREE Showdown entry!—
Declare for your Great Clan
At the league’s outset (or upon entry, for late recruits), each player will declare a clan. Your declared Clan determines what you will play for the remainder of the month’s league meetings, as well as having an impact on prizes and some Weekly Challenges (see below).
Each week, two players will receive prizes: One for the weekly Flavor Win, and one at **random. Additional promos and prizes OR league points are also available to players who don’t receive a prize in any given week.
Additionally, each week, one player with the greatest number of games won will receive a code card, which will empower them to influence upcoming Legend of the Five Rings prize content.
**Your event runner will distribute prizes as fairly and evenly as possible, to ensure that all league participants can take home a good share of great promos.
Over the course of this league, you will collect League Points. These points will be considered in determining best-in-clan prizes at the conclusion of each four-week league.
These points can be earned in a variety of ways:
- Participation: 2 points weekly
- Weekly Challenges: 4 points each
- First game win each week: 1 point
- No-Prize Week: 1 point
“The Flavor Win”
- July 24: Good Omens
- Challenge: Every character played enters play with 1 additional fate on it. (All players receive full Weekly Challenge league points)
- Winner: The player with the most characters in play at the end of a game.
- July 31: Before the Throne
- Challenge: Include at least 12 Imperial cards in your Dynasty deck.
- Winner: The player with the most Imperial cards in play at the end of a game.
(Includes characters and face-up holdings)
- August 7: Captive Audience
- Challenge: The following cards are restricted to one copy per deck—Ornate Fan, Court Games, For Shame!, Policy Debate
- Winner: The player with the greatest differential between opponents’ broken provinces and provinces broken by opponent.
(Broke 4 opponent provinces, 1 province broken = 3 differential)
- August 14: Massing at Twilight
- Challenge: No deckbuilding/gameplay challenge. Players will be paired for 50-minute Swiss rounds in preparation for Saturday’s Stronghold Showdown tournament.
- Winner: Any players with 3 wins and 0 losses.
Join us for Week 1 of the Kami Dynasty League—Tuesday, July 24 at 6:00PM!