Dungeons & Dragons for Kids! (Class)
This mythical and magical place is where young adventurers begin their journeys and build lifelong knowledge of how to be a great Dungeons & Dragons player.
Dungeons & Dragons isn’t just about tracking statistics and defeating imaginary dragons. The real fun of the game is in telling a communal story, cheering when your teamwork pays off, and laughing when everything goes wonky.
This D&D “class” will prepare young players to join in on any of our D&D for Kids adventures in the future.
How to Enroll
Each D&D for Kids class has a total of 6 available spots, and they go fast! The first four spots can be reserved ahead of time through the Learn D&D in Southeast Wisconsin facebook page. The remaining two seats can be claimed at the store by walk-ins or by calling ahead on of the day of the event.
Tier 1 Event
This “Tier 1” event will focus solely on the fundamentals of Dungeons & Dragons gameplay. Participants will learn the essentials of:
- Choosing an adventuring class and race (elf, dwarf, gnome, human, etc) for their character;
- Listening to descriptions of the story world and making choices for their characters;
- Interacting with the Dungeon Master’s story world and the characters it contains;
- Basic rules of adventuring and fighting (Example: Roll a die and add your attack value to see if you hit this goblin);
- Acting in turn so that the whole group participates.
A “trimmed” portion of the Dungeons & Dragons rules will be used during this gameplay session. To continue learning the complete D&D ruleset, also join us for our Tier 2 and Tier 3 events.
About your Dungeon Master
Chris has been playing Dungeons & Dragons and other tabletop roleplaying games since 1981. For many years, he has run events in Board Game Barrister stores, at official conventions, and at home. Chris has published several pieces in third-party roleplaying books and has written numerous adventures and campaigns.