Barrister Bounce Back Plan: Phase One
Well, it’s been quite a week. Rest assured, we’re actively tracking the local metrics and updates—it helps that instead of sleeping at night, Gordon consumes copious amounts of black coffee while reading research papers and legal contracts. So you can trust that we’ve thoroughly reviewed everything that we are ALLOWED to do.
The following is our plan for what we are GOING to do.
What you’re about to read is Phase One of our gradual reopening plan. Up until now, and for the time being, we remain in Phase Zero, which involves in-store pickup, delivery and shipping.
Phase One Criteria
We will open for Phase One of in-store shopping when the following criteria are met:
- 10% or greater availability of hospital beds (IBA) in the Southeast region as reported by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Positive Test Rate is 7% or below for 7 consecutive days as measured by Johns Hopkins University
- 100 or fewer New Daily Infections statewide for 10 consecutive days as measured by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Please note, this post is going to discuss primarily what we’re doing. If you’d like to get a more in-depth look at why we’re doing it, give Gordon’s recent Blog Post a read.
Until these three criteria are met, our Board Game Barrister retail stores will be open for online ordering with in-store pickup only. We will not be open for in-store shopping.
After we have reached Phase One, should the above metrics fall back outside of the criteria we have set, our locations will return to Phase Zero and once again close for in-store shopping.
Now, without further ado, here is what you can expect from Phase One of the Barrister Bounce Back plan.
Phase One Details
- Each store will have limited capacity for shoppers. When that capacity is met, additional shoppers will be asked to wait outside the store in marked line spaces.
- 6-foot waiting zones will be marked out around our checkout counters.
- Some registers will be closed, for proximity reasons.
- Please give your fellow shoppers plenty of space while in the stores, and maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others as often as possible.
- All customers will be required to wear facial coverings over their nose and mouth while in the stores.
- All employees will wear face masks and face shields (yes, we’re providing them).
- We have taken measures to remove some commonly touched surfaces, such as game demos, plush toys, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at convenient stations.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
- We have an extensive cleaning regimen for all common surfaces in the store, which will be carried out at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Contact surfaces and items used by other individuals, such as pens or pin pads, will be quarantined for 3 days or sanitized after each use.
- The event spaces and game libraries will be unavailable at the stores.
- Our hours will change, including a seniors-only shopping hour at the start of the day.
- Final Phase One hours are still to-be-determined.
- In the event that an employee tests positive for Covid-19, their location will close for 3 days (and, of course, they’ll stay home until they are well).
- We will assess the potential scenario in which a customer tests positive for Covid-19 and we somehow learn of it on a case-by-case basis. Hopefully it is clear from the rest of our plan and its criteria that we will prioritize safety and scrutinize such a scenario with great caution.
We’ll post regular updates on what Phase we’re in. It could be a while before things swing past Phase One, but we’re looking forward to Phase 2 and beyond as well!
We can’t wait to see you all back at the stores when the right time comes.
The Board Game Barrister Team
Oak & Shield Food Delivery