Open Position: Warehouse Staff—Driver
Summary of Position:
Do you like board games? Board Game Barrister, Ltd., a locally-owned and operated board game, toy, and puzzle retail chain, is seeking a warehouse staff employee to receive and process shipments, and deliver transfers of product from our South Milwaukee warehouse to our Metro Milwaukee-area locations.
Are you passionate about handling logistics? The warehouse staff plays a vital role in the organization by getting the necessary merchandise and supplies to our three retail stores located in Glendale, Wauwatosa, and Greenfield, with occasional supply deliveries to our Oak & Shield Gaming Pub on the Lower East Side.
Do you have attention to detail? Are you a problem solver? In this position, you will be responsible for receiving, labeling, and shelving incoming product, dividing product as needed to supply the stores, and picking & packing the needed product for transfer. Additionally, you will complete the necessary pick-ups and drop-offs each week using the company delivery van.
- Repetitively lifts boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously positions self and moves product on and off warehouse shelving, including at floor level and ascending/descending ladders and stairs.
- Maintains awareness of where product is kept in the warehouse, and has the ability to learn the names of 75+ game, toy, and puzzle vendors and become familiar with their products.
- Repetitively picks products from lists, scans products, and packs product securely into boxes.
- Operates computers and other retail and warehouse machinery such as telephone, barcode scanner, cash register, credit card terminal, printer/copier, pallet jack, and security system.
- Reads, writes, and communicates effectively in English.
- Has the ability to learn new computer systems, enter data, and process information quickly.
- Loads, unloads, and drives the delivery van in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasionally operates a snow blower in the winter.
To be successful, you will:
- Follow company guidelines and training standards.
- Maintain and periodically provide copies of a current, valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Communicate with other warehouse staff to handle the processing of incoming shipments and outgoing transfers in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Assess workflow daily and make decisions to effectively apply the company’s receiving procedure, pick list procedures, and delivery route procedure.
- Effectively communicate with management team about warehouse status and workflow, and communicate with vendors via telephone and email.
- Pause warehouse projects to greet customers, and provide the Barrister standard of customer service.
- Stock the showroom shelves and change the window displays bi-weekly or as needed.
- Look for safety hazards and maintenance issues, correcting them as able, and reporting them to management when necessary.
- Complete routine maintenance tasks, such as breaking down cardboard, cleaning, taking out trash, removing snow, and monitoring dehumidifiers and roof leak diverters.
- Drive safely and obey all traffic, vehicle safety, and parking laws or regulations.
- Refrain from eating, texting, and other mobile phone use at all times while driving.
- Schedule regular vehicle maintenance at the dealer, and take the vehicle in for service.
Employment Term and Type:
Regular, Full Time, Hourly position
Hours per Week:
Monday through Friday, 9:45 am to 5:00 pm
Ability to work overtime and special events as needed.
- We provide job training.
- You’ll get a weekly one-on-one with the supervising manager.
- Ability to earn raises based on experience and development.
- Benefits package available, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k match options.
- Employee discount at Board Game Barrister and Oak & Shield Gaming Pub.
Board Game Barrister, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.